S3 Group is the Connected Consumer Technology
Company. Our technologies, products and professional services enable
consumer electronics companies, semiconductor companies, service
providers and consumer healthcare providers to deliver next-generation
devices, systems and services to consumers at home and on the move.
Founded in 1986, S3 Group employs 250 employees and has engineering
development centres in San Jose in the USA, Ireland (Dublin and Cork),
the Czech Republic, Poland and Portugal and sales offices and
Senior Digital System / SoC Design Engineer
S3 Group provides our global customers with
leading, advanced low-power Mixed Signal, Digital and Systems Level
design services, best-in-class SoC solutions and single chip RF SoC
solutions. We take ownership of our customers' challenges and customize
solutions to ensure their success never losing sight of the need to be
innovative while providing high-quality, high-value offerings in a
consistent and reliable manner.
Reporting to the Group Manager in our Prague Semiconductors
Solutions Business Line, the successful candidate will be responsible
for playing a key role, in an experienced team undertaking digital
system / SoC architecture, system partitioning, digital signal path
analysis, DSP algorithm development for complex ICs and systems.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience in large mixed signal ICs /
system-on-chip specifications, architectures and designs including
direct experience in converting customer requirements into detailed
- Expertise in SoC digital block level design, partitioning
and specification with experience of re-use methodologies IC design
- Expertise in micro-processor IP selection, SoC communication
bus selection, memory organisation, caching strategies and performance
analysis and modelling
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest development in SoC design
concept, methodologies and tools, willingness and ability to quickly
adopt new technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of general signal
processing covering theoretical, analytical and practical techniques.
Fluency in MATLAB is mandatory
- Beneficial if have expertise in the definition and
development of DSP algorithms for high speed communication links to be
implemented in either hardware or software environments
- Beneficial if have an understanding of the major technical
issues in Analog circuit design coupled with the ability to develop DSP
algorithms to circumnavigate said issues
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and
their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context
of Digital design implementation impacts
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest
developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, an
ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions. An
understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Travel occasionally required, mostly to/from S3 Group engineering offices, also to our worldwide customer locations
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the location for which they apply
S3 Group Value Proposition:
- With S3 Group you get your opportunity to work with
experienced and talented professionals and a customer and client base of
multinational, blue-chip companies.
- Opportunity to work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- Competitive salary.
- Career development prospects.
- Travel and training opportunities.
- Other attractive benefits.