S3 Group is the Connected Consumer Technology Company. Our technologies, products and professional services enable consumer electronics companies, semiconductor companies, service providers and consumer healthcare providers to deliver next-generation devices, systems and services to consumers at home and on the move.
Founded in 1986, S3 Group employs 250 employees and has engineering development centres in San Jose in the USA, Ireland (Dublin and Cork), the Czech Republic, Poland and Portugal and sales offices and representatives globally.
Senior Digital System / SoC Design Engineer
S3 Group provides our global customers with leading, advanced low-power Mixed Signal, Digital and Systems Level design services, best-in-class SoC solutions and single chip RF SoC solutions. We take ownership of our customers challenges and customize solutions to ensure their success never losing sight of the need to be innovative while providing high-quality, high-value offerings in a consistent and reliable manner.
Reporting to the Group Manager in our Prague Semiconductors Solutions Business Line, the successful candidate will be responsible for playing a key role, in an experienced team undertaking digital system / SoC architecture, system partitioning, digital signal path analysis, DSP algorithm development for complex ICs and systems.
To be considered for this position you must have
- An honours degree or post-graduate qualification in Electronic Engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience in large mixed signal ICs / system-on-chip specifications, architectures and designs including direct experience in converting customer requirements into detailed technical specifications
- Expertise in SoC digital block level design, partitioning and specification with experience of re-use methodologies IC design flows
- Expertise in micro-processor IP selection, SoC communication bus selection, memory organisation, caching strategies and performance analysis and modelling
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest development in SoC design concept, methodologies and tools, willingness and ability to quickly adopt new technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of general signal processing covering theoretical, analytical and practical techniques. Fluency in MATLAB is mandatory
- Beneficial if have expertise in the definition and development of DSP algorithms for high speed communication links to be implemented in either hardware or software environments
- Beneficial if have an understanding of the major technical issues in Analog circuit design coupled with the ability to develop DSP algorithms to circumnavigate said issues
- Familiarity with the major semiconductor process nodes and their relative advantages and disadvantages, especially in the context of Digital design implementation impacts
- Technical curiosity and a good understanding of the latest developments in the industry and of leading-edge design techniques, an ability to incorporate business influences in engineering decisions. An understanding of the commercial implications of technical decisions and vice versa
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Travel occasionally required, mostly to/from S3 Group engineering offices, also to our worldwide customer locations
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the location for which they apply
S3 Group Value Proposition
- With S3 Group you get your opportunity to work with experienced and talented professionals and a customer and client base of multinational, blue-chip companies.
- Opportunity to work on advanced designs using leading-edge technologies.
- Competitive salary.
- Career development prospects.
- Travel and training opportunities.
- Other attractive benefits.