Algorithm Development Engineer (MATLAB)
Would you like to design and develop highly complex automotive software solutions for connected vehicles? Are you skilled at data modelling in MATLAB or Python? Then join Garrett Cyber Security team and provide a multi-layer and end-to-end cyber protection to the challenges connected vehicles face: cyber-attacks with exponential attack surfaces.
Garrett Cyber Security solution is developing an efficient intrusion detection system which runs on an electronic hardware in the vehicle and relevant cloud solutions which will help investigate manage fleets and assist in finding threats existing on vehicles and get to the root cause and prescribe solutions in a timely manner. Garrett automotive software is developed by data scientists, embedded system engineers, cloud software developers and architects working closely with OEMs and other partners.
- Provide data modeling, mining, pattern analysis, data visualization and machine learning solutions to address customer needs.
- Apply data analysis techniques including machine learning, and automotive design knowledge on vehicle bus communication data (CAN, Ethernet, etc) to build models to distinguish normal operation from abnormal
- Relate abnormal and normal behaviors to systems and components of an automotive by applying modeling principles and build relationships to cyber-attacks or health degradations of a vehicle or its system.
- Work closely with a team of embedded software engineers to support the algorithms deployment on various embedded platforms
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on state-of-the art cyber security solutions
- Competitive salary and an attractive benefits package
- Career growth opportunities
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- Dynamic and international work environment
What We Expect:
- Experience with modelling and scripting languages – MATLAB, Python or R
- Knowledge of principles of statistical and applied mathematical model build from data captured from automotive recording devices
- Ability to deliver meaningful charts, graphs, or other data visualizations to convey information and results clearly and concisely
- Knowledge and familiarity of statistical ‘best practices’ and methods for data analysis.