Eaton Career Opportunity
Eaton European Innovation Center has an opening for a Motor controls Senior Engineer with a focus on generic controls and motor control applications in Vehicle or Aerospace domain. This position will perform conceptual design, architecture, and development of controls and embedded software, firmware, and its integration. As a key member of a global team, this Senior Engineer will help define requirements, contribute to definition of electronics hardware design, design embedded system software architecture and control algorithm solutions, up to and including certification and product launch with the support of model-based development processes, and utilization of automated testing, verification & validation tools.
Location: Prague, Innovation Centre
Senior Engineer - Electrical Motor Controls
- Identifies, develops & evaluates core technologies in the area of motor controls and embedded systems with a focus on automotive and aerospace applications, critical to Eaton business needs.
- Performs architecture, design analysis and modelling to ensure certification compliance of all functional, performance, and environmental requirements
- Utilizes Model Based Design process to enhance design robustness. Contributes to continued enhancement of control algorithms and application software to support additional product features.
- Working with team members and engineering manager to estimate development, resources, and timing to achieve the desired results
- Collaborating with global, new product development teams from initial conception through each of the design and development phases up to and including certification for various applications in Aerospace or in Automotive domain
We would like you to bring:
- Engineering degree in Controls, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering discipline, or related, from an accredited university.
- Experience with control or embedded systems applications or relevant engineering discipline.
- Good experience with Mathworks family tools (Matlab/Simulink).
- Knowledge of coding skills in C
- Advanced Control theory and systems, Fundamentals of Electrical & Electronics engineering
- Motor controls algorithm development for various industrial application, Validation and Verification
- Understanding of various motor types and their operation
- Fourier analysis, Discrete/ Continuous time domain analysis, Modelling techniques, Field Oriented Control (FOC), Vector control
- Preferably knowledge of V-model development process with support of model-based development process.
- Optionally experience with functional safety, safety standards and safety certification processes.
What can you expect from us?
- International team of professionals, opportunity to learn new technologies
- Focus on technology and innovation
- Roomy offices, excellent canteen, table tennis, cycling and sport friendly environment
- Annual bonus, office hours flexibility, private pension scheme contribution and other benefits
- Flexible working hours
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team, worldwide spread of contacts and projects.
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is important for us.
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day.
- Green company targeting carbon neutrality in its operations by 2030.
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting and engaging environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in a highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With almost 180 employees we are a vibrant fast-growing Engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, green energy, vehicle, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle East & Africa.