Mechatronics engineer will be responsible for development, implementation and standardisation of experimental tools and simulation methodologies to be used for for turbocharger kinematics, actuators, valves and electro-mechanical component development for EV powertrain systems.
Area of responsibility
- Develop experimental tools and methods supporting mechatronics component development.
- Lead technical development and deployment of test rigs and control systems for electro-mechanical components and systems to support both conventional turbocharger and EV applications for traction drives, cooling.
- Develop new simulation methods to support turbocharger kinematics & mechatronics control strategy development
- Develop customized FEM/CFD based tools
- Prepare and maintain documents for simulation methods / tools
- Leads the collaboration with external companies and universities in the context of his/her project
Education / Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or Masters degree in mechanical or mechatronics engineering
- Experience in electro-mechanical engineering
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of some of following areas: kinematics, dynamics, mechanical design
- Knowledge of mechatronics, basics of electrical engg, controls for electro-mechanical systems
- CAD software: CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, Onshape; experience with engg drawings
- Knowledge of structural and fluid simulation tools like Ansys, Adams, LS-Dyna, CFX, Fluent etc.
- Programming skills in any of Excel VBA, Matlab, Python, etc.
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems (like LMS, NI Labview) and instrumentation for measurements
- Fluent in english
You will find with us
- Close contact with major OEM and suppliers
- Career opportunities and dynamic and international work environment
- Opportunity to make an impact on the future of our business by attracting the right talent
- Visibility across the organization - opportunity to work closely with business globally
- Freedom to work independently to deliver results
This is an exciting time to join Garrett Motion! Garrett is one of the automotive industry’s most iconic brands, supplying cutting-edge technology solutions to nearly every major automaker and truck manufacturer in the world. Recognized for more than 65 years for its ground-breaking turbochargers, Garrett is today leading the breakthrough of new electric boosting applications and software solutions that will continue to make vehicles safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Garrett Engineering organization is responsible for developing a differentiated product portfolio of boosting solutions that enables our customers to set new benchmarks in vehicle performance – both for our traditional core turbocharger business as well as new growth areas such as electrification and software.