CE 151 kulička na ploše
- Two dimensional system with second-order astatism designed for studying system dynamics and experimenting with number of different control algorithms based on classical and modern control theory.
- Compact benchtop configuration, designed for on-line digital control by IBM PC computer, or compatible with frame grabber and motor controller plug-in cards.
- Intelligent ball position sensor represented by vision system based on CCD camera, Multifunction I/O Board and Real Time Image processing software.
- Control tasks simulate various problems from robotics (path planning and tracking) taking the advantage of visual feedback.
- Interface libraries written in Borland C language and demonstration software package with PID controllers available.
- System accessible directly from Simulink environment in real time.
The scale model demonstrates control problems associated with unstable systems. The system consists of a plate pivoted at its centre such that the slope of the plate can be manipulated in two perpendicular directions. A servo system consisting of motor controller card and two stepper motors is used for tilting the plate. Intelligent vision system is used for measurement of a ball position. The basic control task is to control the position of a ball freely rolling on a plate. The Ball&Plate system is a dynamic system with two inputs and two outputs. Both coordinates can be controlled independently as their mutual interactions are negligible due to low velocity and acceleration rate of the ball movement. The system is naturally sampled as both actuators and sensor are of a digital, discrete time nature. The system is designed to be controlled by digital controllers.
Range of Experiments
An extensive range of experiments can be carried out with this apparatus:
- Real-Time digital processing.
- Digital PID controller design for ball position stabilization and trajectory tracking.
- LQ/LQG controller design based on state and I/O model.
- Fuzzy controller design.
- Adaptive controller design.
- Path planning for moving the ball between obstacles.
- The apparatus includes:
- Plate actuation:Stepper motors controlled in open loop
- One step = 0.001 deg
- Ball position sensor:CCD camera, digital image processing with 128x128 pixel resolution
- Power Supply:
- DC Power Supply, 32 V, 100 W
- Multifunction I/O card:
- Multifunction I/O card able to control up to three stepper motors or DC motors using PWM modulation, with 8 digital TTL inputs and 8 digital TTL outputs.
- Two Timer channels used for control of stepper motors. Digital I/O used for control signals.
- USB Camera:
- CCD Web Camera with USB interface.
- Resolution: 720p, color.
- Instruction Manual
- A comprehensive technical manual is provided giving details of the apparatus and full description of model control signals and cables.
- Educational Manual
- Educational Manual provided with the model is an effective tool for using model in teaching process. Manual describes dynamics of the system, many working examples lead the student through experiments from identification to advanced control of the model.
- Interface drivers written in C with source code, demonstrational package using PID controllers and drivers for Simulink Desktop Real-Time provided.
- Model is designed for control by a standard IBM PC or 100% compatible computer, one free PCI slot required.
- Services required
- Single phase A.C. 220V / 50Hz (120V / 50 - 60Hz optional), 100W power supply.
- Space required
- For satisfactory use of the model a bench area of 1000mm x 600mm is required.
Dimensions and Weights
- Main body:
- Dimensions:430 x 430 x 200 mm
- Plate dimensions:400 x 400 mm
- Length of the rod:1100 mm
- Weight:9 kg
- CCD camera is mounted on the rod attached to the rear side of the main body.
- Power Supply:
- Dimensions:175 x 175 x 100 mm
- Weight:1 kg